Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life and Desires..

Desires are supported by two very common human feelings:conquer and enjoyment.Every person wants to acquire whatever he desire from the world.And after acquiring the enjoyment is unbounded.for eg you buy a football,you enjoy playing with it.you buy a cell and enjoy working over it n so on...

The game of acquiring and enjoyment is endless and as time passes we only realize how much our desires have grown.But has any one found true happiness in this bargain??
what is the key to happiness ?? Are fulfilling our desires the only source of our satisfaction?

Well!! the chase to our dream is always endless .The harder you work, more closer you feel to it and if you loose the path, defeated and restless you become.

Well i certainly dont want to act like a philosopher,but i would really glad to know a control measure over my desires,something which I think is difficult for most of us.

4 comments:

  1. hey chabbs thats so very true....desires are bound by human expectations of themselves and of others....If I have a desire it is becoz I want that thing and or others want me to have that thing! so the bottomline is expectations should be curbed and then the desires you would have after that owuld be your true source of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with D! But can we really curb our expectations? Is it not like a vicious truth that it is human to expect and desire for more. I believe there is a very fine line between Expecting and Expecting a little too much. We never know when we cross that line! On one hand, expecting too much out of oneself keeps us going ahead and doing better, for example say in your career or education. But on the other hand, let me quote myself as an example. EATING TOO MUCH AND NOT PUTTING ON WEIGHT.. lol.. Now that is over expectation from myself. That is where I need to curb my desires :D

    The day I know how to strike the balance I will definitely let you know Salil!

    Good post, good read...
    Keep em coming mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a lot guys,thanks for your precious comments....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly and very well said buddy. I feel its also something that many people in simple lay man terms call the fear of God. The basic emotion of a human to try and conquer situations arround it has been evident from ancient history. And To have a control on all of it was a utopian power which Human beings gave someone called God...
    Its very strange How facts over some years becomes history,, History over a thousand years becomes Myth. and myths when collected over a perios becomes religion. Its time we come together to eradicate humans of many of the so called dogmas in todays world and come together as one to enjoy cherish and Live the simple Gift called LIFE...

    ReplyDelete